Willie Nelson feeling better after canceling Colorado performance
Updated 10:57 a.m. ET
(CBS/AP) A representative for Willie Nelson says he is feeling better after canceling a performance over the weekend, and will be back on the road.
The 79-year-old Nelson was scheduled to perform Saturday at a private home in Castle Pines Village, Colo. The benefit was for an organization that provides animal care and shelter in the Denver area.
Reports said the country music legend pulled out of the appearance after suffering breathing problems.
"I was told Willie woke up and had trouble breathing, so he was taken to the hospital," the host of the fundraiser, Fred Bartlit, told The Denver Post.
KUSA-TV reports that an announcement made to the crowd said Nelson suffered from "breathing problems due to high altitude and emphysema."
But Elaine Shock said Monday that Nelson was not hospitalized and no other concerts will be canceled. His next performance is scheduled Tuesday in Dallas.
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Top wedding dress trends: "Gatsby" glamour and more
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards