David Beckham underwear statues appear in NY and LA
(CBS/AP) David statues are going up in New York and Los Angeles, but these perfectly chiseled figures aren't a product of Michelangelo.
Ten-foot-tall metallic statues of soccer star David Beckham, sporting designer underwear, are being put up on both coasts as part of his new ad campaign for H&M.
The Daily News says three of the larger-than-life statues have been placed inside H&M's midtown-Manhattan store. There's also one in Central Park and another at the South Street Seaport.
There are also two statues in Los Angeles and one in San Francisco.
They'll remain on display until Aug. 31.
The soccer player launched an underwear line for H&M in February. He posed in the line's ad campaign in January. Beckham's collection features boxers, briefs, T-shirts, tanks and pajama bottoms.
David Beckham underwear statues appear in NY and CA
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video