Dolly Parton date auction brings $138,000 bid
(CBS News) Dolly Parton will soon be rolling out the red carpet to woo a mystery date in Nashville.
An anonymous phone bidder is paying $138,000 for a date with the country music star. His was the winning bid at an auction for the not-for-profit Dr. Robert F. Thomas Foundation..
"I haven't been on a blind date since high school," Parton said upon learning the news of her mystery admirerr. "I'm truly delighted beyond belief. To think someone dug that deep to help the Dr. Robert F. Thomas Foundation just humbles me. That $138,000 is going to do so much good in Sevier County. This anonymous bidder won my heart because the foundation is so special to me."
Parton will show her mystery date around her favorite places in Nashville in a limo. The two will have a catered dinner and breakfast. She also provided the date with overnight accommodations for six guests in her high-rise hideaway in downtown Nashville.
Parton serves as the honorary chairperson of the foundation, which supports the medical needs of residents of Sevier County, Tenn.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Obama to host concert honoring Carole King
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Runaway mom tells Dr. Phil: "They're better off without me"