John Slattery joins cast of "Arrested Development"
(CBS News) John Slattery is spending some time with the Bluth family.
The "Mad Men" star has joined the cast of "Arrested Development" and will appear in multiple episodes of the comedy's upcoming fourth season, TVLine reports.
A rep would not comment on the character Slattery will play.
"Arrested Development" will return with a 10-episode season premiering sometime next year on Netflix. Production on the new episodes began last week.
Executive producer Ron Howard (who is also the show's narrator) recently told MTV News that the upcoming "Arrested" episodes will introduce new characters, but wouldn't provide specifics.
"[Series creator Mitchell Hurwitz] isn't trying to recreate something," Howard said. "It's been away for a while, and part of the fun that Mitch has been mining and exploiting is, what's new to discover about these people? What's delightfully unchanged? He and the writing staff and the actors have a fantastic sense of that. They're pretty brazen, pretty bold and fearless. That's what made the show into something that fans really kept alive."
Tell us: What do you think of Slattery's casting?
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" to series for 2013-2014 season
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"