Mayim Bialik injured in Los Angeles car crash
Updated 7:23 a.m. ET
(CBS/AP) "The Big Bang Theory" actress Mayim Bialik is telling fans on Twitter that she'll keep all her fingers after a car accident in the Hollywood area of Los Angeles sent her to the hospital.
Los Angeles police spokesman Richard French says the 36-year-old actress's left hand and thumb were cut severely. Bialik's husband typed for her that she's in pain but her hand will remain intact.
Police say another car made a left turn and crashed into Bialik's vehicle shortly before noon Wednesday.
The three occupants of the other car suffered minor injuries and left the scene on their own.
French says no citations were issued.
Responders, who took the actress to a nearby hospital, told the TMZ that Bialik was driving alone in a white Volvo when her car collided with a vehicle driven by a tourist from Chile, at the intersection of Hollywood Boulevard and La Brea.
Married and the mother of two, Bialik is best known for her role as Blossom Russo in NBC's series "Blossom." She is nominated for an Emmy for playing Amy Fowler on "The Big Bang Theory."
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "Terminator 2" star Edward Furlong arrested