Elvis Presley fans flock to Graceland for candlelight vigil
(CBS/AP) Tens of thousands of Elvis Presley fans are expected to pay their respects to the rock 'n' roll legend during a candlelight vigil at Graceland marking the 35th anniversary of his death.
Fans will begin lining up Wednesday afternoon at the entrance to Graceland, Presley's longtime Memphis home.
Presley died on Aug. 16, 1977, at age 42 of heart disease and prescription drug abuse.
Fans holding candles will be allowed to visit his gravesite at Graceland's Meditation Garden beginning around 8:30 p.m. The vigil is expected to last into early Thursday.
The vigil is the highlight of Elvis Week, the annual celebration of Presley's life and career. Organizers have said they expected 75,000 people to attend Elvis Week, with many taking part in the vigil.
Popular in Entertainment
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- Jewel opens up about portraying June Carter Cash
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards