Kelly Clarkson, Cee Lo Green to shake up the NFL
Cee Lo Green is taking over the NFL Network's "Thursday Night Football" intro, and in typical fashion, he's putting his own spin on things. Rather than the traditional artist-centered pre-taped opener, the NFL and Green are inviting fans to submit videos of themselves singing along to the chorus of a song based on The Ramones' "Blitzkrieg Bop.''
"I think this brings a splash of color to a, you know, bland and black-and-white backdrop," Green said. "And make it colorful and make it fun and make it young. Make it exciting and highly enthusiastic, you know what I'm saying?"
Kelly Clarkson is getting in on the action, too. She released a song in support of the Dallas Cowboys, her home team. "Get Up (A Cowboys Anthem)" is one of several songs that will be available for free download through PepsiAnthems.com during the football season.
Travie McCoy's tribute to the New York Giants, called "All In," will be available for free at PepsiAnthems.com beginning Sept. 3.
Future songs include Ice Cube's tribute to the Oakland Raiders, Kid Rock's song for the Detroit Lions and a remix of Wiz Khalifa's "Black and Yellow'' for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 110 Comments
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil