"Raiders of the Lost Ark" set for Imax re-release
(CBS News) Grab your fedora and watch out for boulders - "Raiders of the Lost Ark" is coming back to theaters.
Steven Spielberg's 1981 classic, starring Harrison Ford as adventurous archeologist Indiana Jones, is getting a one-week Imax re-release next month.
Lucasfilm announced Tuesday that "Raiders" showings will begin on Sept. 7, in advance of the Blu-ray release of the "Indiana Jones" films on Sept. 18, according to the New York Times. A list of theaters showing the film can be found at the Imax website.
Spielberg told the Times that no special effects or other visual elements were changed during the film's conversion to Imax, but the audio was enhanced for surround sound.
"When the boulder is rolling, chasing Indy through the cave, you really feel the boulder in your stomach, the way you do when a marching band passes by, and you're standing right next to it," he said.
Tell us: Will you see "Raiders of the Lost Ark" in Imax?
Popular in Entertainment
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 75 Comments
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- "The Voice": Top three sing for the win
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby