Kenny G files for divorce after 20-year marriage
Court records show the musician filed for divorce Thursday in Los Angeles, citing irreconcilable differences.Pictures: Celebrity splits
The 56-year-old musician married Balynda Helene Benson-Gorelick in April 1992 and the former couple has a 14-year-old son. He is seeking joint custody but does not want to pay his estranged wife spousal support.
Benson-Gorelick filed for separation in January, but the case has not proceeded.
The divorce was first reported Monday by celebrity website TMZ.
Kenny G won a Grammy Award for 1993's "Forever in Love." He has a series of tour dates lined up starting next month. In June, he released a new album called "Namaste India."
Popular in Entertainment
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 136 Comments
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Selma Blair abruptly exits "Anger Management"
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- "The Voice" finale recap: Season 4 crowns a winner
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis