Stars take jabs at Roseanne Barr at Comedy Central roast
(CBS News) Roseane Barr's fellow comedians showed their affection for her in a roast that was taped on Aug. 4, 2012, at the Hollywood Palladium and aired Sunday night on Comedy Central.
Barr, 59, began her career as a stand-up comedian and gained fame with her sitcom "Roseanne," which aired for nine seasons. Among those honoring her with jabs were Seth Green, Ellen Barkin, Jeffrey Ross, Gilbert Gottfried, Carrie Fisher and Katey Segal. "Glee" star Jane Lynch was the roastmaster.
Barr's ex-husband Tom Arnold, from whom she had a bitter split, was billed as a surprise guest but, according to Entertainment Weekly, Barr knew he would be speaking.
Arnold had one of the funnier lines of the night: "Rosie, this is true - she actually had 'Property of Tom Arnold' tattooed on her hip, which made me the fourth largest property owner in California."
Comedian Ross came dressed as the late Penn State coach Joe Paterno and made several Paterno jokes. He also made a joke about the mass shooting in Aurora, Colo., but that was edited out of the broadcast.
Stars roast Roseanne Barr
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 144 Comments
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Watch: New "Anchorman 2" trailer
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot