Jessica Simpson's dad arrested on suspicion of DUI
(CBS News) Jessica Simpson's father, Joe Simpson, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence in Los Angeles last weekend, according to a report.
The 54-year-old was pulled over by police on Saturday at 10 p.m. while he was driving down Ventura Boulevard. in the Los Angeles suburb of Sherman Oaks, reports TMZ.
He was then taken into custody on suspicion of a DUI and spent the night in jail. He was released without having to post bail at 9:41 a.m. the next day, according to the site.
The case has yet to be sent to prosecutors in the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office.
Popular in Entertainment
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 347 Comments
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- Nigella Lawson's husband cautioned by cops over assault
- Police looking into Nigella Lawson throat-grab photos