Michael Phelps on doing "Dancing with the Stars": "Not ruling anything out"
(CBS News) Ryan Lochte and Michael Phelps have competed against one another in the pool, but how would they fare in a face-off on the dance floor?
Lochte has said he'd be interested in participating on "Dancing with the Stars," and Phelps seems to be open to the idea, too.
"I haven't really been known for my dancing. I know everyone who's done it - I've talked to [speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno] and [swimmer Natalie Coughlin] about it, and they said they've enjoyed it and had a blast," Phelps told Us Weekly on Tuesday. "I won't say I'm ruling anything out, who knows?"
On Sunday, Lochte told the magazine that he wouldn't rule out a stint on the show - and that he'd like to compete against Phelps.
"Since I'm so used to competing against Michael Phelps, I'd have him on the [Dancing with the Stars]," he said. "I could do 'Dancing with the Stars'! Yeah, I think so."
If the two swimmers were to sign on, they wouldn't be the first Olympians to cha-cha, waltz and foxtrot on the ABC show - along with Ohno and Coughlin, gymnast Shawn Johnson, ice skater Evan Lysacek, beach volleyball player Misty May-Treanor and soccer player Hope Solo have also participated.
Tell us: Would you want to see Phelps and Lochte on "Dancing with the Stars"?
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video