Beyonce and Jay-Z top Forbes' highest-paid celeb couples list
(CBS News) Beyonce and Jay-Z have earned the top spot on Forbes' list of the world's highest-paid celebrity couples.
The duo came in ahead of last year's winners, model Gisele Bundchen and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.
According to Forbes, Beyonce's album "4," which was released last summer and went platinum in the U.S., along with endorsement deals, earned her $40 million between May 1, 2011, and May 1, 2012.
Jay-Z released a collaboration album with friend Kanye West, "Watch the Throne," which earned the hip-hop mogul millions along with the money from their subsequent tour and his other ventures, bringing the couple's annual income to $78 million, Forbes reports.
Bundchen and Brady earned the second-place spot on the list with a combined income of $72 million, according to the magazine.
Other couples who round out the top five: David and Victoria Beckham; Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie; and Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss