Battery charges dropped against actor Cuba Gooding Jr.
City spokesman Ryan Berni says an arraignment hearing was held Friday but there was no one to press the complaint.
Read more: Bartender not pursuing charges against Cuba Gooding Jr.
Read more: Cuba Gooding Jr. faces court appearance in bar brawl
As a result, he says, the city dropped the charges. The Times-Picayune reports the 44-year-old Gooding did not appear at the brief hearing before Judge Sean Early.
The hearing came two days after an Old Absinthe House employee said she was dropping charges against him. The bartender had claimed Gooding shoved her.
The accusation was made after Gooding allegedly became upset when patrons asked him to pose for photos about 3 a.m. Tuesday at the French Quarter bar. The bartender told investigators that Gooding pushed her after she asked him to calm down.
Gooding won an Academy Award for best supporting actor for his role in the 1996 film "Jerry Maguire." His other film credits include "A Few Good Men," "Rat Race," "As Good as it Gets," "American Gangster" and "Red Tails."
He has been in New Orleans filming "The Butler," a movie about a White House butler who served eight American presidents. The film has a star-studded cast that includes Nicole Kidman, Liam Neeson, John Cusack, Jane Fonda, Robin Williams, Forest Whitaker, Alex Pettyfer and Minka Kelly.
"The Butler" is being directed by Lee Daniels ("Precious" and "Monster's Ball").
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 129 Comments
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies