Katy Perry on getting remarried: "Never say never"
(CBS News) Katy Perry's divorce from Russell Brand hasn't caused the singer to give up on love.
In an interview with Elle magazine in its September issue, Perry revealed she hasn't ruled out saying "I do" again.
When asked about love and marriage, she responded, "I'm a woman who likes to be courted - strongly. Never say never, I guess you'd say. I'll let love take the lead on that."
Perry, 27, and Brand, 37, married in India in October 2010. He filed for divorce on Dec. 30, 2011, citing irreconcilable differences, and their split was finalized this year.
In the Elle interview, Perry also discussed being a role model for her fans.
"I have no regrets," she said. "I'm not going to be everything to everyone. I can't tell a person when it's time for them to have sex. Or if they should have a cigarette...But I try to live my life with a lot of integrity, and, hopefully, that sends a message."
As for her career, Perry notes, "I love what I do, and when I don't love what I do, I'll make a change...I can't be the candy queen forever."
The September issue of Elle hits newsstands on Aug. 14.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 109 Comments
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments