Emma Watson refutes "Fifty Shades" casting rumors
(CBS News) Emma Watson is clearing up rumors that she is attached to play Anastasia Steele in the film adaptation of the wildly popular erotic novel "Fifty Shades of Grey."
The British actress told Entertainment Weekly, "I haven't read the book, I haven't read a script, nothing."
The actress continued, telling EW, "There are so many movies you become attached to when I've literally never even received a phone call. It was the same way with 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' - I never even saw a script!"
Watson's new film "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" hits theaters in the fall, and she recently wrapped filming Sofia Coppola's "The Bling Ring." The 22-year-old is currently working on Darren Aronofsky's "Noah."
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"