Justin Bieber paparazzo faces charges in connection with high-speed chase
(CBS/AP) Los Angeles prosecutors have filed criminal charges against a paparazzo photographer for allegedly racing across a Los Angeles freeway in an effort to get photographs of Justin Bieber.
The City Attorney's office said Wednesday that 30-year-old Paul Raef faces four charges, including reckless driving with the intent to capture pictures for commercial gain, following another vehicle too closely, and reckless driving.
The charges stem from a July 6 incident in which Bieber was stopped by police on a Los Angeles area freeway for driving in excess of 80 miles an hour.
The case marks the first use of a 2010 state law designed to prevent paparazzi from dangerously pursuing celebrities for photos.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" to series for 2013-2014 season
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage