Carrie Underwood to perform on CBS' "Teachers Rock"
Carrie Underwood, Dierks Bentley, Josh Groban and pop group Fun. will perform at the event benefiting teachers and education.
The TV special will also feature personal recollections from Dave Grohl, Usher and Maroon 5's Adam Levine and James Valentine. Actors too will appear on the program, including Meryl Streep, Viola Davis, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Jennifer Garner, Jack Black, Morgan Freeman and Matthew Morrison.
The benefit concert special will also preview scenes from the upcoming film, "Won't Back Down," starring Davis and Gyllenhaal as two determined mothers, one a teacher, who plan to transform their children's failing inner-city school.
"Teachers Rock" airs on Aug. 18 at 8 p.m. ET.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage