Emmy nominations: Jimmy Kimmel steps in for Nick Offerman to make the announcement
(CBS/AP) LOS ANGELES - Jimmy Kimmel came to the rescue Thursday morning to help in announcing this year's Emmy Awards nominees.
The "Jimmy Kimmel Live" host read the names of nominees from Los Angeles - while wearing pajamas - alongside "Scandal" star Kerry Washington.
"Parks and Recreation" actor Nick Offerman originally was supposed to be on hand for the 5:35 a.m. (Pacific time) televised event, but the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences said that he "regretfully" would not be able to attend because of weather-related travel delays on the East Coast.
Kimmel, who will host this year's Emmys ceremony on ABC, agreed to step in for Offerman, the academy said Wednesday evening.
The 64th Primetime Emmy Awards will be handed out on Sunday, Sept. 23.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video