Kris Humphries takes aim at Kanye West on Twitter
(CBS News) Kris Humphries used a lyric from one of Kanye West's songs to make a jab at the rapper - his ex Kim Kardashian's current beau - on Twitter.
The basketball player took aim at West in a tweet sent Tuesday referencing his return to the Brooklyn Nets.
"I'm up at Brooklyn!" Humphries tweeted. He then directed the next part of his message to rapper/ Nets co-owner Jay-Z, who uses the Twitter handle "@S_C_" (his real name is Shawn Carter):
I'm up at Brooklyn!@S_C_"lucky I didn't have Jay drop me from the team" lol!-- Kris Humphries (@KrisHumphries) July 17, 2012
That line is from West's song "Cold" (originally titled "Theraflu"). The track made headlines when it was released in April, because he professed his love for Kardashian in the lyrics and also suggested that he could have persuaded Jay-Z to drop Humphries from the Nets.
The lyrics say, "And I'll admit, I had fell in love with Kim/Around the same time she had fell in love with him/ Well that's cool, baby girl, do ya thang/ Lucky I ain't had Jay drop him from the team."
Kardashian filed for divorce from Humphries in October, after 72 days of marriage. Their divorce proceedings are still ongoing.
Humphries signed a reported two-year, $24 million contract with the Nets, according to ESPN.com.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" to series for 2013-2014 season
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"