"Weeds" marks 100th episode as series finale looms
(CBS/AP) LOS ANGELES - "Weeds" marked the taping of its 100th episode on Tuesday with a celebration that included star Mary-Louise Parker and other cast members.
Showtime's entertainment president, David Nevins, told the show's cast and crew that only a few cable series have reached 100 episodes. Among them is "Monk."
Parker and her co-stars, including Kevin Nealon and Hunter Parrish, marked the milestone with cake and champagne while shooting on location in Los Angeles. The actress was casually dressed in the blouse and cutoffs that she wore for a scene taped earlier.
Parker plays a pot-dealing suburban mom in "Weeds," which will end its eight-year run in September.
Parker and the show's creator, Jenji Kohan, grew emotional as they celebrated the series' milestone. Two more episodes remain to be taped.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video