Lady Antebellum disappointed in Bruce Springsteen silencing
(CBS/AP) The members of Lady Antebellum say they are disappointed that Bruce Springsteen's microphone was cut off at his Saturday night show at London's Hyde Park.
The country trio was the support act for The Boss at the concert. Organizers cut off his microphone when his show, which featured a surprise duet with Sir Paul McCartney, ran late.
The band's Hillary Scott says, "I'm sure there was definitely a reason. I hear that they had a very strict curfew in Hyde Park."
Organizers Live Nation and Westminster City Council have been criticized for pulling the plug too early. Live Nation released a statement after the incident saying the show was stopped because of "health and safety" issues.
Lady Antebellum is in the U.K. as part of its European tour.
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 46 Photos
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner