Justin Bieber sued over fan's alleged hearing loss at concert
(CBS/AP) An Oregon woman has filed a $9.2 million lawsuit against singer Justin Bieber, after she claims she suffered permanent hearing loss at his Portland concert two years ago.
Stacey Wilson Betts of Wilsonville filed the suit Wednesday in U.S. District Court. The suit claims that Betts suffered the injury when Bieber climbed into a heart-shaped gondola and was pulled over the crowd.
The suit claims the "frenzy of screams," and the sound exceeded safe decibel levels.
Betts, who attended the concert with her daughter, is seeking money for medical expenses, pain and suffering and loss of quality of life. The lawsuit lists Bieber, Island Def Jam Records and the owner of the Rose Garden arena as defendants.
Betts and the record label did not immediately return phone calls seeking comment.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 122 Comments
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Brad Pitt: "I've haven't known life to be any happier"