Sylvester Stallone asks for compassion after son Sage's death
(CBS News) Sylvester Stallone is grieving the "agonizing loss" of his son Sage Stallone, who was found dead in his Los Angeles home on Friday at age 36.
The "Expendables 2" actor released a statement to TMZ on Monday in which he asks for compassion and respect for his son's memory.
"When a parent loses a child there is no greater pain," the statement said. "Therefore I am imploring people to respect my talented son's memory and feel compassion for his loving mother Sasha."
He added, "This agonizing loss will be felt for the rest of our lives. Sage was our first child and the center of our universe and I am humbly begging for all to have my son's memory and soul left in peace."
Stallone also asked for the "speculation and questionable reporting" about his son's death to stop, according to TMZ.
Sage Stallone, who appeared alongside his father in "Rocky V" (1990) and "Daylight" (1996), was Sylvester Stallone's oldest child, and the first of two sons he had with ex-wife Sasha Czack.
Sylvester Stallone's son dead at 36
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 46 Photos
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "Star Trek Into Darkness" wins weekend box office
- Justin Bieber booed at Canadian football game
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner