Sage Stallone autopsy complete, waiting on toxicology
(CBS/AP) An autopsy on Sylvester Stallone's oldest son, Sage, has been completed, the Los Angeles County corner's officials told the Los Angeles Times on Sunday, but they are still awaiting toxicology results.
The 36-year-old Sage Stallone was found unresponsive in his Los Angeles home Friday by an employee and a relative, and police were called to confirm that he was dead.
There were no signs of foul play or trauma, a publicist and investigators said.
No suicide note was found, said Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter, though prescription bottles were recovered from the home, located in the Studio City area of Mulholland Drive. Winter could not say what kind of medication bottles or how many, and whether they had a role in the death.
Sylvester Stallone appeared Thursday at Comic-Con, the San Diego pop culture festival, to promote his upcoming film "Expendables 2" with friend and co-star Arnold Schwarzenegger.
"Sylvester Stallone is devastated and grief-stricken over the sudden loss of his son," publicist Michelle Bega said in a statement. "His compassion and thoughts are with Sage's mother, Sasha."
Sage Moonblood Stallone was the oldest of Sylvester Stallone's children and co-starred with his father in two films. He was the elder of two sons Stallone had with first wife, Sasha Czack.
Sylvester Stallone's son dead at 36
Popular in Entertainment
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 349 Comments
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby