Taylor Swift tops Forbes' list of highest-paid stars under 30
The country darling leads Forbes' list of highest-paid celebrities under 30 years old, raking in more than $57 million between May 2011 to May 2012.Pictures: Taylor Swift
Swift, 22, has her Speak Now world tour to thank for much of the earnings; Forbes estimates she made $1 million a night. That's on top of album sales and her endorsement work for CoverGirl makeup.
Justin Bieber, 18, landed in second place on Forbes' list with $55 million, followed by Rihanna, 24, with $53 million. The 26-year-old Lady Gaga, last year's top money-maker, fell to fourth place with $52 million - down from last year's $90 million figure. "California Dreams" vocalist Katy Perry, 27, closed out the top five with a cool $45 million.
Music stars -- and women -- ruled the top of the tally. And all of the top five acts have money-making fragrance deals
The only actors featured in the top 10 were stars from the "Twilight" movie series: Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner.
To come up with the figures, Forbes considered album and concert sales, movies, profit participation, endorsements and advertising work. The magazine's editors consulted managers, agents and lawyers to tally the estimates.
See Forbes' complete list here.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 118 Comments
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- Brad Pitt: "I've haven't known life to be any happier"