Luke Bryan apologizes for checking lyrics on his hand during All-Star national anthem
(CBS/AP) Luke Bryan says he is sorry for consulting the lyrics to the national anthem written on his hand during his performance at the MLB All-Star game.
The country singer admitted to checking the lyrics, but also checking his watch during his performance on Tuesday night.
"I had a few keys (sic) words written down to insure myself that I wouldn't mess up.. I just wanted to do my best. I promise it was from the heart," the singer wrote on Twitter.
He continued saying, "If I offended anyone with my approach I sincerely apologize. Anytime I sing the anthem it is an honor and my heart beats out of my chest. I did check my watch because I knew the stealth bomber would fly over 2 minutes in and I knew a started a little late."
Bryan sang the anthem before the National League blew out the American League 8-0 in Kansas City, Mo.
See a video of his performance below.
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video