MLB All-Star game draws strong TV ratings
The National League's 8-0 victory in the All-Star game was the highest-rated prime-time show Tuesday night, according to overnight ratings. The game drew a rating of 8.1 and a 14 share, up 3 percent over the 2011 game.
NBC came in second thanks to a jump from "America's Got Talent." According to The Hollywood Reporter, the series was up 17 percent with a 2.7 rating among adults 18-49.
ABC landed in third in ratings with an average 1.3/4 rating and 4.4 million total viewers. CBS ran repeats Tuesday night, leaving it in fourth place in overall ratings with a 1.1/3 and 6.5 million total viewers, reports The Wrap.
Ratings represent the percentage of all households with televisions tuned into a program, and shares represent the percentage of all homes with TVs in use at the time.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral