Monaco prince and princess welcomed in Germany
(CBS News) Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene of Monaco are winding up a three-day state visit to Germany.
German President Joachim Gauck and his partner, Daniela Schadt, greeted them on their arrival and hosted a gala dinner for the royal couple at Schloss Bellevue Palace in Berlin on Monday.
Also on Monday, the prince and his wife, who celebrated their first anniversary earlier this month, visited the Brandenburg Gate and took a boat trip with Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle.
On Tuesday, the pair traveled to Stuttgart, where they toured the Mercedes-Benz Museum.
The German media focused on the fashion and style of the visitors, including the princess' all-blue pantsuit and glamorous nude-colored gown.
Talks between the prince, the ruler of Monaco, and German officials focused on possible tax treaties, among other things.
Monaco's prince and princess in Germany
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 40 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral