"The Hunger Games": Release dates set for "Mockingjay"
(CBS News) Lionsgate has set release dates - yes, as in more than one - for the big-screen adaptation of the third and final book in "The Hunger Games" series.
"Mockingjay" will be split into two films, hitting theaters in November 2014 and 2015, respectively.
The studio announced Tuesday that "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1" will be released on Nov. 21, 2014. The conclusion, "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2," will arrive on Nov. 20, 2015.
The second film in the series, "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire," will be released on Nov. 22, 2013. Philip Seymour Hoffman has signed on to play the role of Plutarch Heavensbee, but casting for other major roles - namely previous Hunger Games victors Finnick Odair and Johanna Mason - has yet to be announced.
Tell us: What do you think of "Mockingjay" being split into two films?
"The Hunger Games" premiere
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Runaway mom tells Dr. Phil: "They're better off without me"
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance