Katie Holmes steps out with Suri in New York City
(CBS News) Katie Holmes has been spending the days since her split from Tom Cruise having some mother-daughter time with the couple's daughter, Suri.
The actress, who filed for divorce last week, emerged again Thursday to take the 6-year-old to the Children's Museum of the Arts.
Holmes, 33, was photographed carrying Suri, wearing pink and clutching a stuffed animal, into the museum.
Later that day, the mother-daughter duo stopped at Alice's Tea Cup, a restaurant on the city's Upper East Side. According to Us Weekly, they met Holmes' two friends and their two children, and shopped at the gift store before leaving.
"Suri was extremely happy," an onlooker told the magazine. "She was looking at everything behind the counter and literally said, 'This is the best day ever!'"
Another onlooker told People, "Suri walked out with a shopping bag and a sparkly fairy wand. She insisted on holding the door for the whole group. Very sweet - so polite."
Holmes and her daughter were also spotted picking up groceries at Whole Foods on Wednesday, and stopping for ice cream the day before.
The actress has kept mum about the divorce filing, but did tell a New York Daily News reporter, "I'm all right. Thank you."
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 110 Comments
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments