Royal bachelor pool shrinks with Andrea Casiraghi's engagement
On Wednesday, Monaco's Princess Caroline announced that her son, Andrea Casiraghi, will marry Colombian heiress Tatiana Santo Domingo. And he's just the latest in a string of recent royal bridegrooms and bridegrooms-to-be.Pictures: Most beautiful royals in the world
Pictures: In royal circles
Pictures: Andrea Casiraghi
Casiraghi is the nephew of Monaco's ruling sovereign, Prince Albert II. Albert himself, the son of late movie star Grace Kelly, ended decades of bachelorhood in 2011 when he wed South African Olympic swimming champion Charlene Wittstock.
Casiraghi isn't the only royal with plans to take a trip down the aisle. In May, the Grand Ducal Palace of Luxembourg announced that Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume would wed his fiancee, Countess Stephanie de Lannoy, on Oct. 20.
Both Casiraghi and Grand Duke Guillaume were chosen among the most beautiful royals in the world in a 2011 poll.
And last year, Prince William, also on that beautiful royals list, wed Kate Middleton, now the Duchess of Cambridge. His little brother, Prince Harry, is still available. Recent reports suggested Harry was dating British pop star Mollie King but when asked if they were an item, King laughed, telling BBC News, "No, no."
There are still other royal bachelors available, including Casiraghi's brother Pierre, Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, Prince Felix of Luxembourg and Prince Philippos of Greece, to name a few.
Most beautiful royals in the world
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner