"America's Got Talent" holds first live results show of the season
"Twelve acts and only four will be smiling at the end of the night," host Nick Cannon told viewers before the results were announced.
Teacher Michael Nejad, who makes music with household items, got the boot, along with Australian singer Nikki Jensen.
Fan favorite Shanice and Maurice, the father-daughter singing duo, will advance to the next round. Judge Sharon Osbourne said America got it right this time.
Also advancing are speed painters David Garibaldi and his CMYKs. Judge Howard Stern said he could see them winning the entire competition.
Dancing duo The Scott Brothers and singer/pianist Edon will also advance to the next round.
"America's Got Talent" said farewell to many others, including 787 Crew, Lil Starr, Jarrett & Raja, The American BMX stunt crew, Distinguished Men of Brass and ventriloquist and comedian Todd Oliver.
The episode also featured performances by Cirque du Soleil's "Zarkana" and will.i.am.
Monday night will see 12 additional acts competing at a shot at the semi-finals on NBC.
Tell us: What did you think about "America's Got Talent"?
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 86 Comments
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments
- "Star Wars" animated series coming 2014
- "Star Trek Into Darkness" wins weekend box office