Former prostitute shows her collection at Paris couture fashion week
(CBS News) Zahia Dehar, an ex-prostitute-turned-fashion-designer, showed her second couture lingerie show on Monday at Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week.
The 20-year-old Dehar crossed over into fashion after she was involved in a high-profile sex scandal involving three European soccer players in 2010 at the age of 16, as reported by British tabloids.
Soccer players Franck Ribery, Karim Benzema and Sidney Govou were charged with "solicitation of a minor prostitute" and faced with three years in prison and a fine of 40,000 euro. In 2011, prosecutors asked for the cases to be dropped, saying the players were unaware of Dehar's age, reports the Daily Mail.
After the sandal, Dehar broke into the fashion business and created a lingerie line. Her first collection's lookbook was photographed by none other than fashion mogul Karl Lagerfeld. Last year, she presented the collection at Paris' elite Haute Couture Fashion Week.
Now, after sending models down the runway in her second line of skimpy lingerie, she's won over more fans. French actress Beatrice Dalle told Women's Wear Daily, "I love this girl. I love her life story, and what she does is very pretty, too."
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner