Jake Owen and wife expecting baby
The country singer and his 22-year-old wife got engaged on stage in April and married a month later in Owen's hometown of Vero Beach, Fla. They tied the knot in a small ceremony in front of 25 family members.Pictures: Celebrity baby bumps
"We actually found out Lacey was pregnant after I had asked her dad for his permission," Owen, 30, told People about the baby news. "From the day I met her, there was no doubt in my mind I wanted to marry her, and we always knew we wanted a family."
"The way we saw it, the baby news was a bonus on top of the engagement, but we didn't want anyone to think we were getting married because Lacey was pregnant, and we wanted to celebrate our wedding first," Owen explained.
Owen seems to be enjoying married life, too.
"Life feels really good right now," Owen noted in a website post. "I'm trying to live in the moment and just enjoy every minute of my new life with Lacey. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I'm so happy that she can share every day with me out on the road."
Speaking of the road, Owen has concert dates lined up from now through October. He's on tour behind the 2011 release, "Barefoot Blue Jean Night."
Owen recently shot a video for the album's latest single, "The One That Got Away," in Cocoa Beach, Fla. Check it out below:
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?