Beyonce and Jay-Z to attend BET Awards
(CBS/AP) LOS ANGELES - Beyonce and Jay-Z are both confirmed to attend Sunday's BET Awards, where they'll compete against one another for one of the night's honors.
The singer and her rapper husband, who welcomed daughter Blue Ivy Carter in January, are both nominated in the video of the year category.
Beyonce is the second most nominated act. She's up for six awards. Jay-Z is nominated for five.
Kanye West leads the pack with seven.
Two of West and Jay-Z's collaborative songs are up for video of the year. Beyonce is also nominated twice in the category. The final nominee is Usher.
Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj and Usher are set to perform. Whitney Houston's mother is part of a tribute to the late superstar.
Jamie Foxx, Quentin Tarantino, Cedric the Entertainer, Taraji P. Henson and Tyler Perry are scheduled to present awards. Samuel L. Jackson will host the show in Los Angeles.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest