"I Love Lucy" actress Doris Singleton dead at 92
Lucie Arnaz, daughter of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, confirmed the death in a post on her Facebook page. Singleton died Tuesday, the same day as writer-director Nora Ephron, and Arnaz acknowledged them both in her post, writing, "They were loved and appreciated and will be missed."
Singleton appeared on dozens of TV shows in the 1950s, 60s and 70s, including "Perry Mason," "My Three Sons," "All in the Family" and "Hogan's Heroes."
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Singleton got her start as a dancer with the American Ballet Theater. She also sang with bandleader Art Jarrett in the late 1930s and worked with George Burns & Gracie Allen, Bob Hope and Jack Benny in radio.
Charles Isaacs, Singleton's husband of 61 years, died in 2002.
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"