DA: No charges in leak of Rihanna beating photo
Rihanna attends the TIME 100 Gala celebrating TIME'S 100 Most Influential People In The World at Jazz at Lincoln Center on April 24, 2012 in New York City. / Fernando Leon/Getty Images for TIME
The Los Angeles Times reports that it has obtained a March report that says that after a 3-year investigation, Los Angeles prosecutors didn't have enough evidence to show the tabloid paid officers for the photos, which became an obstacle in charging them.
Officers Blanca Lopez and Rebecca Reyes may still get fired from the LAPD for allegedly leaking the photos and are slated to appear before disciplinary panels in August.
A call to Rihanna's attorney seeking comment wasn't immediately returned.
Brown was arrested on suspicion of beating Robyn Rihanna Fenty on Feb. 8, 2009.
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Stars pay tribute to James Gandolfini
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 145 Comments