DA: No charges in leak of Rihanna beating photo
Rihanna attends the TIME 100 Gala celebrating TIME'S 100 Most Influential People In The World at Jazz at Lincoln Center on April 24, 2012 in New York City. / Fernando Leon/Getty Images for TIME
The Los Angeles Times reports that it has obtained a March report that says that after a 3-year investigation, Los Angeles prosecutors didn't have enough evidence to show the tabloid paid officers for the photos, which became an obstacle in charging them.
Officers Blanca Lopez and Rebecca Reyes may still get fired from the LAPD for allegedly leaking the photos and are slated to appear before disciplinary panels in August.
A call to Rihanna's attorney seeking comment wasn't immediately returned.
Brown was arrested on suspicion of beating Robyn Rihanna Fenty on Feb. 8, 2009.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Webby Awards 2013 18 Photos