Snoop Dogg busted with marijuana, cash in Norway
(CBS/AP) OSLO, Norway - Norwegian media are reporting that Snoop Dogg was briefly detained after entering the country with marijuana and a large amount of cash.
Customs officials declined to confirm, saying only that an American artist entered Norway with a small amount of marijuana that was detected by a sniffer-dog. Norwegian law prevents law enforcement officials from naming suspects.
A customs officer who spoke on condition of anonymity said Thursday that the artist was also carrying more cash than is legally allowed and was subsequently fined 52,000 kroner ($8,600) for the violations.
According to TMZ, Snoop Dogg was stopped at the Kjevic Airport in the southern town of Kristiansand. He's scheduled to perform nearby at the Hove Festival on Thursday.
The rapper, whose name is Calvin Broadus, has in the past been arrested on marijuana possession charges.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- Brad Pitt: "I've haven't known life to be any happier"
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy