Nora Ephron funeral planned for July 9, son says
(CBS/AP) Nora Ephron's son says a funeral for the late filmmaker has been scheduled for next month.
Her son, Jacob Bernstein, said Wednesday that details about the July 9 service are still being determined.
Ephron died on Tuesday in New York at age 71. The author and Oscar-nominated filmmaker had been battling leukemia.
Ephron was one of Hollywood's most prominent figures and was known for movies including "Heartburn," "You've Got Mail," "Sleepless in Seattle" and her last, "Julie & Julia." As a screenwriter, she was nominated three times for Academy Awards.
She also was an acclaimed author.
Nora Ephron: 1941-2012
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Obama to host concert honoring Carole King