Nora Ephron "gravely ill," reports say
(CBS News) Update: Writer and filmmaker Nora Ephron has died at age 71 (read the full story here).
Writer and filmmaker Nora Ephron is "gravely ill," according to reports published Tuesday.Pictures: The films of Nora Ephron
Speculation about her death began when columnist Liz Smith published a post on her website eulogizing her friend, saying in part, "I won't say, 'Rest in peace, Nora' - I will just ask 'What the hell will we do without you?'"
TMZ reports that family members are telling friends that she is "gravely ill." The website added, "There is speculation that Nora has already passed away - we're told that's not true ... but there is little hope she will recover from her current condition."
Ephron, 71, wrote "When Harry Met Sally" and wrote and directed films including "Sleepless in Seattle," "You've Got Mail" and 2009's "Julie & Julia." She was nominated for three Academy Awards for screenwriting.
Popular in Entertainment
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere