Maroon 5 releases new album "Overexposed"
(CBS News) Maroon 5's forth studio album, "Overexposed," hits stores today.
Their new album features 10 new tracks and includes the band's hit single, "Payphone." Maroon 5 began writing and recording "Overexposed" during its most recent world tour.
"The title is kind of pre-emptively saying, 'Hey, we're overexposed. Deal with it,'" front man Adam Levine told MTV News, alluding to some of the band's inescapable singles. "It's exciting when you go to a country you've never been to, when you go to Jakarta, and they're singing the lyrics to 'Payphone,' it's so cool."
The band will appear on CBS' "The Late Show With David Letterman" tonight at 11:25 p.m. ET/PT and on "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon" on Thursday at 12:35 p.m. ET/PT. The band will also perform in the "Today" show Toyota Concert Series.
The three-time Grammy Award winning band has sold more than 17 million albums world wide.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go