"The Newsroom" draws in 2.1 million viewers
(CBS News) Aaron Sorkin's "The Newsroom" premiered to solid ratings on HBO, earning 2.1 million viewers, reports say.
The show ended up being watched by a total of 2.7 million people after its repeat airing on Sunday night, reports Deadline.
According to the site, the show's performance ranks as one of the stronger HBO drama series premieres.
The show, which was panned by many reviewers, raked in more viewers than "True Blood's" 2008 debut (1.4 million) and earned a little less than "Game of Thrones" series premiere (2.2 million), according to Deadline.
"Boardwalk Empire" is at the top of the list of HBO premieres, earning 4.8 In its 2010 debut.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Obama to host concert honoring Carole King
- "American Idol" winner announced
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale