Uggie leaves paw prints in cement at Grauman's Chinese Theatre
(CBS News) Uggie, the Jack Russell terrier who delighted audiences in the Oscar-winning silent film "The Artist," has cemented his place in Hollywood.
The canine celebrity followed in the footsteps of Hollywood icons Monday when he placed his paws in cement outside Grauman's Chinese Theater in Los Angeles.
Uggie's trainer, Omar Von Muller, pressed the dog's paws into the wet cement in front of the famed theater during the ceremony, which marked his retirement from acting. Fellow famous dogs Lassie and Rin Tin Tin were also in attendance.
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment hosted the event as a retirement party for Uggie and to promote the Tuesday release of "The Artist" on DVD and Blu-Ray, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
The terrier was reportedly scheduled to arrive by fire engine, and a fire hydrant-shaped cake was provided by Duff Goldman of Charm City Cakes and TV's "Ace of Cakes."
Uggie is the first dog to have his paw prints immortalized at Grauman's, according to reports.
Earlier this year, the terrier joined his human co-stars from "The Artist" at the Academy Awards, where the film won five Oscars, including best picture.
Uggie's paw prints cemented in Hollywood
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?