Daytime Emmys 2012: Best and worst dressed
(CBS News) The daytime television stars who got it right at the Daytime Emmy Awards kept it simple, wearing various versions of the sartorial staple - the black dress.
Bethenny Frankel, the former "Real Housewives of New York" star, wore a little black dress that mixed lace and sheer in a tasteful way. Lisa Rinna wore black lace as well, but she instead opted for a longer more formal gown by Theia that flattered her figure.
Actress Christel Kahlil, who won an award for her work in "The Young and the Restless," hopped on the LBD trend too, wearing a simpler all black halter-style dress.
Several other actresses at the award ceremony went for the bolder brighter summer looks that didn't quite work well on the red carpet.
Actress Jacqueline Macinnes struck out in a lime green tie dye-like gown, and Debbie Gibson's cocktail-length silver sequin dress with ruffles on the hem also missed the mark.
Daytime Emmy Awards 2012
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 109 Comments
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments