Daytime Emmys 2012: Best and worst dressed
(CBS News) The daytime television stars who got it right at the Daytime Emmy Awards kept it simple, wearing various versions of the sartorial staple - the black dress.
Bethenny Frankel, the former "Real Housewives of New York" star, wore a little black dress that mixed lace and sheer in a tasteful way. Lisa Rinna wore black lace as well, but she instead opted for a longer more formal gown by Theia that flattered her figure.
Actress Christel Kahlil, who won an award for her work in "The Young and the Restless," hopped on the LBD trend too, wearing a simpler all black halter-style dress.
Several other actresses at the award ceremony went for the bolder brighter summer looks that didn't quite work well on the red carpet.
Actress Jacqueline Macinnes struck out in a lime green tie dye-like gown, and Debbie Gibson's cocktail-length silver sequin dress with ruffles on the hem also missed the mark.
Daytime Emmy Awards 2012
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- Brad Pitt: "I've haven't known life to be any happier"
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy