Michael Jackson's family, fans pay tribute on third anniversary of singer's death
(CBS News) Fans and family of Michael Jackson paid tribute to the late singer Monday, on the third anniversary of his death.
His daughter, 14-year-old Paris Jackson, was among those who took to Twitter to send messages in remembrance of the King of Pop.
"RIP Michael Jackson .. Dad you will forever be in my heart <3 i love you," she wrote.
"3 years ago on this June 25th, my brother passed," Randy Jackson tweeted, adding that he would be at Forest Lawn Memorial Park, where Michael Jackson was laid to rest, to visit.
La Toya Jackson also tweeted a message about her brother.
"SadMorning All," she wrote. "This Day was the day that lead to the demise of my little brother. 'Michael We Love' May you RIP. Gone FAR To Soon."
The singer's fans also used Twitter to pay tribute, making "RIP Michael Jackson" a trending topic on the website Monday.
Michael Jackson died on June 25, 2009, from an overdose of the anesthetic propofol. He was 50.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers