Michael Jackson's family, fans pay tribute on third anniversary of singer's death
(CBS News) Fans and family of Michael Jackson paid tribute to the late singer Monday, on the third anniversary of his death.
His daughter, 14-year-old Paris Jackson, was among those who took to Twitter to send messages in remembrance of the King of Pop.
"RIP Michael Jackson .. Dad you will forever be in my heart <3 i love you," she wrote.
"3 years ago on this June 25th, my brother passed," Randy Jackson tweeted, adding that he would be at Forest Lawn Memorial Park, where Michael Jackson was laid to rest, to visit.
La Toya Jackson also tweeted a message about her brother.
"SadMorning All," she wrote. "This Day was the day that lead to the demise of my little brother. 'Michael We Love' May you RIP. Gone FAR To Soon."
The singer's fans also used Twitter to pay tribute, making "RIP Michael Jackson" a trending topic on the website Monday.
Michael Jackson died on June 25, 2009, from an overdose of the anesthetic propofol. He was 50.
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 109 Comments
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"
- Toby Keith: Moore, Oklahoma "will persevere"