Daytime Emmys 2012: Barbara Walters presents Bill Geddie with Lifetime achievement award
(CBS News) Barbara Walters presented her longtime producing partner Bill Geddie with the Lifetime Achievement Award at this year's Daytime Emmys.
The pair has worked together on "The View" and the "Barbara Walters Specials."
"When we put the view on the air in 1997, we were told it didn't have a prayer," said Walters. "The content of the show was considered inappropriate for daytime. We were talking religion, politics, sex...Bill's leadership got us through some very hard days."
Geddie, who has been the executive producer of "The View" for 15 years, reminisced about when he first got into the business.
"I was buffing the floors of KOCO-TV, the ABC affiliate in Oklahoma City," said Geddie. "I looked at the studio monitors and there was Barbara Walters interviewing Dolly Parton. And I thought someday, I'm going to be a thorn in that woman's side!"
The 39th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards was telecast on the HLN channel. The awards are bestowed by the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Bynes' allegations of sexual assault under investigation
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video