Uggie's paw prints to be cemented at Grauman's Chinese Theatre
(CBS News) Uggie, the canine star of "The Artist," is set to cement his place in Hollywood.
The Jack Russell terrier will cast his paw prints in the pavement outside Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Los Angeles on Monday, at a party marking his retirement from show business.
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is hosting the event as a "retirement party" for the pooch, according to the Hollywood Reporter, as well as to promote the Tuesday release of "The Artist" on DVD and Blu-Ray.
Uggie is reportedly scheduled to arrive by fire engine, and a fire hydrant-shaped cake will be provided by Duff Goldman of Charm City Cakes and the Food Network series "Ace of Cakes."
Earlier this year, the dog appeared alongside his human co-stars at the Academy Awards, where "The Artist" took home five Oscars including best picture.
Popular in Entertainment
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 130 Comments
- Selma Blair abruptly exits "Anger Management"
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- "The Voice" finale recap: Season 4 crowns a winner
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"