Charlie Sheen cast as president in new film
The 46-year-old actor has been cast to portray a president in "Machete Kills," the follow-up to director Robert Rodriquez's 2010 action film "Machete."Pictures: Charlie Sheen
Read more: Charlie Sheen: "Anger Management" is my "swan song"
Rodriguez announced the news on Twitter:
Sheen re-tweeted the news, and his rep told The Hollywood Reporter that negotiations are under way.
The sequel will feature Danny Trejo as Machete and includes Jessica Alba, Mel Gibson, Amber Heard, Sofia Vergara and Zoe Saldana.
Due out next year, the film finds the U.S. government trying to stop a cartel leader and an arms dealer who have sent a weapon into space.
Sheen isn't the first actor in his family to portray a president. His father, Martin Sheen, played one for seven seasons on "The West Wing."
Sheen will next be seen in the FX series "Anger Management," which premieres June 28.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer